As the winter ends, many are excited to get back outside and complete various chores and projects. Today, we’re going to give you various tips to work as efficiently as possible!
How to Repair a Gravel Driveway
As the winter weather recedes, it becomes clearer the damage that has occurred to gravel roads and driveways. Here are three easy steps to help improve and fix your gravel roads.
- Smooth the driveway with a land plane or box blade.
- Rework the surface and use 1½” – 2½” crushed gravel for the surface with ¾“ inch gravel on top to be packed down.
- Even out the surface using a rear blade
How to Fill Lawn Ruts
If you’ve continued doing work in the winter, ruts may have dug into the lawn by driving over wet ground. Here are 4 easy steps to begin fixing holes that may get in the way.
- Prepare your rear blade or box blade.
- Knockdown the ridges using the rear blade.
- Make sure the endplates are carrying enough soil to fill in the ruts.
- Make sure you’re working on dry ground and aren’t creating more ruts.
Tips for Making a New Vegetable Garden
For those preparing a vegetable garden for the first time, it’s important to follow specific steps to ensure space will thrive.
- Choose and mark the spot that will become the garden.
- Mark the first furrow straight down the middle.
- Allow time for the soil to dry out.
- Go over the ground with a rotary tiller.
- Keep tilling the ground at least 2 or 3 more times.
- Spread a layer of topsoil with the rotary tiller.
For the full article click here.